Skin Care Regimen For Healthy Skin
Following a proper skin care regimen involving cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing helps maintain healthy skin. Besides, you can use a toner to close and tighten the skin pores, thereby making your skin appear smooth.
When going for natural skin care though, it is best to rely on organic skin-care products rather than those that are loaded with a number of complex chemicals so that your skin does not absorb too many chemicals.
Moreover, you can use face packs made of jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, green tea, shea butter, honey, and a variety of organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs for beautiful skin.
Steps for Skin Care RoutineThe proper order for skin-care regimen is cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and moisturizing. These steps are explained below:
CleansingIt simply requires washing your face in the morning before putting on makeup and at night before going to bed. The best way to cleanse your skin is to use lukewarm water to loosen clogged pores, apply a small amount of cleanser, and then rinse it off with water.
When cleansing your skin during the night, make sure you remove all the makeup beforehand. Do not be tempted to cleanse your skin excessively because it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils that keep it healthy.
Do not cleanse your skin more than two times in a day otherwise it may cause flaky skin, rashes, and worsen your acne.
In addition, it is suggested to avoid using cleaners containing alcohol. As for soaps, avoid using them on face and neck as it dries out the skin.
ExfoliatingExfoliation helps your skin get rid of dirt, grime, and dead skin cells. Thus, proper cleansing and exfoliating can keep your skin pores clear. Most cleansers, toners, and even moisturizers already contain exfoliating ingredients.
Hence, you can use separate exfoliating face washes or homemade face masks and scrubs about once in a week. Gently scrubbing and exfoliating your skin while massaging it in outward circular motion makes your skin appear younger.
Moreover, you can use peel-off face masks to get rid of blemishes, fine lines, and rejuvenate dull complexion. By reducing clogged skin pores, exfoliation also improves the penetration of moisturizers and other skin-care products.
ToningWhen dealing with oily skin, applying a toner or astringent can prove to be highly beneficial as it removes excess oil, provides anti-aging benefits, and helps restore the skin’s natural pH balance.
To be on the safe side, get a toner formulated for sensitive skin. Plus, do not use it too often as it may leave your skin dry and irritated.
After using a toner, you can apply a treatment product or face mask for issues like acne, pimples, blemishes, wrinkles, dark spots, etc.
Next, you can apply an eye cream under the eyes and to their sides. Then, you can apply a sunscreen cream or lotion, at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun. You can read more about effective skin care at drbaileyskincare.com and www.allaboutyou.com.
MoisturizingMoisturizing is an important part of the skin-care regimen, especially for individuals with dry skin. Nonetheless, those with oily skin also need to moisturize their skin. They should use oil-free moisturizers, though, to avoid clogged skin pores.
Before applying the numerous products for skin care, make sure you read their directions carefully. Furthermore, when purchasing cosmetic and beauty products, look for creams, gels, lotions, and so on with fewer chemicals. Needless to say, select the products depending on your skin type.
Besides, pay attention to your diet and lifestyle as they play a key role in maintaining beautiful skin. Thus, include a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds in your diet to get essential vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber.
In addition, drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush out toxins. Moreover, regular exercise and physical activities improve the circulation of blood carrying nutrients.
How To Take Care Of Your Hair
Soft, shiny, and lustrous hair can add a great deal to your beauty. Hence, you need to take care of your hair by regularly washing them. Moreover, there are certain tips and tricks that can help reduce hair breakage and promote healthy hair.
For example, it is recommended to deep condition your hair at least once in a week to nourish your hair. You can use a number of oils like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, wheat germ oil, avocado oil, etc. for this purpose.
Given below are some other valuable hair care tips
- Select your hair care products wisely, depending on the type of hair you have. When choosing a shampoo, opt for one which does not contain sodium lauryl sulphate.
In addition, go for hair brushes with natural boar bristles instead of plastic bristles as the latter are likely to create static cling in your hair.
- Wash oily hair more often than dry hair. However, avoid washing your hair too often as it is likely to strip your hair of natural oils. Long hair, in particular, need not be washed daily otherwise they tend to become dry and brittle.
- Do not pile up your hair on your head and rub vigorously while shampooing. Needless to say, make sure you dampen your hair before applying the shampoo.
- After shampooing your hair, use a gentle conditioner, especially during winter months to retain moisture in your hair.
Besides, hair conditioners make your hair appear sleek and shiny. You can read about the advantages and disadvantages of hair conditioners at www.hairboutique.com.
- Though not proven scientifically, it is believed that rinsing your tresses with cool water as a final rinse seals the hair shafts and makes your hair shiny.
- Strands of wet hair tend to break more easily than dry hair. Thus, do not brush wet hair. Plus, do not pull on your hair while drying.
- When dealing with greasy hair but you cannot use a shampoo then consider using a dry shampoo. Another easy way to absorb excess oil is to dust a little corn starch or talcum powder around the roots. Here is an article giving tips to handle a bad hair day.
- Having spit ends is another common hair problem, especially in long hair. The best way to get rid of this problem is to trim them off.
You may find several products that claim to repair split ends but these products only cover them with silicon and wax so that they look glossy.
- You can also prepare homemade beauty masks for your hair using a variety of ingredients such as organic coconut oil, olive oil, rosemary essential oil, sage essential oil, egg whites, aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, beer, mayonnaise, honey, green tea, yogurt, coconut milk, amla powder, sublimed sulfur powder, etc.
- Simply rinsing your hair with a solution of lemon juice and water is helpful in reducing excess oil. Lemon juice is also considered good for issues like smelly hair, dandruff, and itchy scalp.
- Use a clarifying shampoo at least once a month to remove product buildup from your lustrous locks.
- Make minimal use of hair styling products and heating tools. In case you cannot help but use a hair dryer then do not use it close to the roots. In addition, you can set the dryer on the ‘cool’ mode to avoid damage caused by blowing hot air on your hair.
- Wear a swim cap while swimming to protect your hair from the chlorinated pool water. Those of you who swim too often can use shampoos that are specifically formulated to remove chlorine from the hair.
- When looking forward on how to make your hair grow faster, pay attention to your diet so that you can include foods rich in B vitamins and proteins. Moreover, you can take hair growth supplements like MSM, biotin, and folic acid.
Best Herbs And Spices For Health
There are a number of natural remedies that can help improve your health and provide relief from diseases. For instance, you can include nutritious fruits and vegetables in your diet to boost immunity and fight infections.
Furthermore, diet and lifestyle factors play an important role in dealing with ailments like diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, heart disease, acid reflux, anxiety, stress, and so on.
Besides, you can follow certain home remedies and alternative therapies like yoga and acupressure along with the conventional treatment to cure diseases.
Holistic treatments also include herbal medicines prepared from the roots, seeds, barks, berries, leaves, and flowers of medicinal plants.
Given below is a list of 10 herbs and spices that are beneficial for health
GingerGinger is useful for getting rid of stomach ache, nausea, intestinal gas, flatulence, and so on. It is usually recommended for issues like motion sickness and morning sickness.
Moreover, taking ginger tea provides relief from common cold, cough, sore throat, asthma, bronchitis, etc., because of its expectorant properties. Ginger helps reduce migraine headaches and manage high levels of blood sugar, too.
GarlicGarlic is considered excellent for reducing blood fats and cholesterol. It stimulates the liver, strengthens immunity, boosts the metabolism, and assists in detoxification. Plus, garlic has anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties.
It reduces high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, and prevents heart disease. Though, it has a pungent smell, still its health benefits are best derived by consuming raw garlic.
In addition, when applied on skin, it helps heal skin infections. Garlic relieves cold, congestion, sinusitis, and other respiratory infections as well.
Green TeaBeing rich in powerful antioxidants, green tea reduces the risk of developing cancers, heart disease, cerebral strokes, and thrombosis. Besides, it is used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Moreover, it assists in losing weight as it increases metabolism and fat oxidation. Green tea can also be used in various beauty remedies to maintain younger-looking skin and promote hair growth. You can read more about green tea, here.
CinnamonCinnamon is an aromatic herb that reduces bad cholesterol and lowers insulin levels. It fights yeast infection, removes bad breath, relieves headache, improves your mood and brain activity. Plus, taking a combination of cinnamon and honey facilitates weight loss.
ChamomileIt is a great herb to treat insomnia because it promotes sleep and relaxation. It works as herbal medicine for anxiety, stress, and depression.
Plus, chamomile tea relieves muscle cramps, menstrual cramps, bloating, stomach ulcers, toothache, and mouth ulcers. It is also beneficial for treating cold and flu.
Placing moist chamomile tea bags on eyes clears dark under-eye circles and soothes tired eyes. Besides, soaking in bath water mixed with a few drops of chamomile essential oil reduces eczema, psoriasis, and boils.
EchinaceaThis herb is considered useful in the natural treatment of urinary tract infection, enlarged lymph glands, enlarged prostate, ear infections, gingivitis, herpes and candida.
Moreover, it strengthens immunity and works as a topical disinfectant to cure acne, boils, eczema, psoriasis, and so on.
SageThis fragrant herb helps improve your mood and memory. Thus, it eases nervousness, anxiety and helps control symptoms of menopausal disorder. In addition, sage promotes digestion, combats respiratory infections, and strengthens the nervous system.
GinsengGinseng is a popular herb recommended for managing stress, increasing concentration, reducing fatigue, lowering cholesterol, controlling type-2 diabetes, stimulating the immune system, and promoting digestion.
It also contains compounds that can prevent cancer. However, this herb may cause side effects like headache, insomnia, palpitations, etc. These side effects are discussed in detail at Health Online Zone.
Ginkgo bilobaIt is highly beneficial for individuals suffering from early stages of Alzheimer's and multi-infarct dementia. Furthermore, this Chinese medicine is considered good for improving memory, healing glaucoma, treating intermittent claudication, preventing altitude sickness, and easing PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)
TurmericTurmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help treat rheumatism and osteoarthritis. Moreover, it relieves menstrual problems, bloating, indigestion, heartburn, cough, cold, and mouth sores. Besides, this antiseptic herb is used to cure skin infections.
Certain herbs, however, tend to interfere with some medications and can even cause side effects. Thus, before taking any herbs and spices as treatment for your illness or disorder, make sure you consult a naturopathic physician to help you determine suitable herbs and their dosages for your case.
It is interesting to note that a complete holistic approach toward health and diseases also takes the metaphysical aspect into consideration.
Get Rid of Acne Overnight
There are several home remedies through which you can get rid of acne or pimples overnight and here we will cover the same.. More…
Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
Yes, you can get rid of dark red spots on your face with the help of latest organic therapy and our tricare formulary research has proved that this works better then anything else.. More…